Nails tell a lot about a person. They show how good a person’s grooming and hygiene are. They can sometimes also tell a bit about a person health. Good looking, well taken care of nails can be sexy and attractive and could just be a make or break for that potential soul mate.
Keeping your nails strong and healthy and looking good does not need to be a lot of work. Here are some tips that can really help.
- Be careful when trimming your nails. They may break or crack much easier when fresh out of a shower and still wet. Use a fine file occasionally avoiding the use of nail clippers. This will gently shape nails without risk of fracturing them.
- Beware that many nail polish removers use very strong solvents and can damage your nails over time. They are very effective at removing paint, but are they worth it? Look for gentle paint removers that don’t have acetone in them.
- Keep your nails hydrated. Just like you, your nails need to stay hydrated to be healthy. You can use a gentle oil like coconut or castor oil at night before bed to keep your nails healthy looking great.
- Need thicker nails? Take biotin daily, about 2.5 milligrams a day. It has been proven to be very effective for many people for strengthening nails. In about 6 months you can really notice a difference.
- Polish looks great, but once in a while the natural look can really be nice. Try giving your nails a break now and then. Your nails will get more oxygen, look great, and be better off for it.
- Are you getting all your nutrients from your diet? Strong and health nails depend on proper nutrition. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables for the their natural nutritional benefits. Consider taking a multi-vitamin supplement to complement your diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Get the gloves out. If you are working around the house with cleaners protect those nails. This will go a long way in helping to keep the skin on your hands looking good too.